Craig and Deana ThompsonAt Large
Craig and Deana Thompson have a focus on working with local churches in order to disciple believers in the Word of God, train believers in personal evangelism, develop leaders, mentor youth, and encourage parents in development of their children. They have a long-term association with Church of God World Missions. Most of their children have been on individualized trips with them in order to shape their understanding of the needs outside the US. Craig is a teacher, preacher and author whose current focus is on mentoring the next generation.
These are the types of trips they have been on in the past years:
- In conjunction with Jürgen Rudolph and COGWM Education Department in Africa, taught in Zambia three different years with the Teaching of Teachers (ToT) program. Class topics included “Raising Godly Children,” “Book of Proverbs,” and “Mentoring.”
- Made numerous trips to Scotland doing discipleship training in the local church, training volunteers in puppet ministry, teaching on the work and operation of the Holy Spirit. Have worked in churches on the Isle of Lewis, Isle of Benbecula, Inverness, Nairn and Elgin.
- Set up Voice over IP phone systems for evangelistic and missions work in France, Kyrgyzstan, Ethiopia, and Brazil.
- Participated in regional training in Nepal with a local church. One highlight of this trip was teaching on the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the children’s ministry and seeing children filled with the Holy Spirit during the prayer time.
- Worked with the Fraziers in Haiti in 1990 to provide hands-on assistance with various projects around the mission compound. Taught and preached in local churches through an interpreter.
- Craig and Deana have been guest speakers at numerous conferences and churches. Topics have ranged from Bible book studies, mentoring, and leadership, to highly technical IT subjects.
Their financial needs for their trips generally are based on the cost of plane tickets with occasional need for hotel or car rentals. Their desired annual budget is $10,000 to meet the normal requests for ministry trips.
Craig’s books are “How To Be a Mentor for a Day,” “Asking for Wisdom: Maximizing Your Time with Mentors,” “Nurturing Your Child with Mentors” and “Preaching Through Proverbs” along with numerous fiction works.